Thursday, 24 May 2012

To work or not to work

Jason recently brought up the idea of me getting a part time job, since the girls are in school all day. Sure the extra money would be nice but is it worth the stress of making sure everything is in order and things are neat and tidy?



I mean who would run errands, go grocery shopping, keep the house clean,lunches are made, school uniforms are clean, keep track of notes from school and take the girls to and from school and extra activities.
What if one of the girls wakes up with pink eye? Who is going to take off work that day and take them to the doctor? What we both can't? It's not like we can call grandma and ask a favour and watch the girls for a day.
What happens when Jason goes and works at the "Man Camp" later on this year, he would work a week on and a week off. Who will be left with working and all the other things going on?
Plus we are still waiting on the rest of our things to get here. We are still "camping out". Sleeping on air mattresses and living on the bear minuim. Who will unpack everything,when it finally gets here and make this shell of a house a home?
I also like helping out at school in the classroom and being involded in the PTA.
Sure I know their are a lot of working families out there. They manage just fine and love being a working parent.
Sometimes I don't think people realize how much a "Stay at home mom"does. It is truly the hardest job in the world to keep the house in order and have everyone healthy and happy.
So at this time in my life I am not going back to work. I love having my "free time" during the day to get stuff done and not having someone yell "Mom! She hit me!" But I will consider going back to work in the  future, well maybe, we will see where life takes us by then.

2 comments:

  1. Great post, I really like staying home too and it is a lot of work. The work just changes as your kids get older, it is fun to see how you stay busy as your girls grow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with you, Ang. There are so many things that you would have to juggle to work too. So glad you are able to stay home and take care of your family and home! That's the most important and challenging job of all. Amy

    ReplyDelete